We are recruiting energetic, self-confident technical sales professionals with a competitive spirit for multiple positions for an aerospace company in metro Atlanta. Our client provides high-dollar products and services with longer sales cycles and/or multi-year service contracts.
Outstanding consultative selling skills are a must – including strong needs analysis, solution development, presentation, objection resolution, negotiating and closing skills. Other critical skills include technical collaboration, project management, and problem solving.
Positions are individual contributors reporting to a director or VP of sales.
- New business development: Are you a hunter? Would you be willing to tackle a bear with only a knife? Successful candidates will have a proven track record of identifying and winning brand-new accounts. Describe your experience with market analysis, prospecting, and networking to open doors at high-potential prospects – and then turning them into new profitable accounts. Give quantified details.
- Account management: Are you a farmer? Successful candidates will be strong believers in the idea that “some of our best prospects are our current customers.” Describe your experience expanding relationships with existing accounts to drive profitable revenue growth. Maybe it was by penetrating another business unit or territory within the account, or by developing a new product or service for your customer. Give quantified details.
- Internal functions: Candidates must willing and able to attend to administrative functions critical to business operations including reporting, analyzing, forecasting, budgeting, demand planning, and strategic planning. You may also collaborate with others on marketing initiatives and new product development.
- Industries: Top candidates would have education and experience in one or more of the following industries – aerospace, airlines, aviation, industrial automation, industrial equipment and machines, instrumentation, maintenance repair overhaul (MRO), and other scientific, technical or engineering fields.
- Past or potential titles: account manager, aftermarket sales manager, application sales engineer, business development consultant, business development manager, district sales manager, global account manager, key account manager, national account manager, national sales manager, product development manager, product manager, regional manager, regional sales manager, sales administration manager, sales administrator, sales and marketing analyst, sales engineer, sales representative, technical sales representative, territory manager, territory sales manager.
Software and Technical Skills
- Candidates must be adept with office and mobile technology. No ifs, ands, or buts!
- Microsoft Office – very proficient with Word and Excel, proficient with Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) – e.g., Salesforce, NetSuite, Zoho, etc.
- Enterprise (ERP) – e.g., SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.
- Broad and deep understanding of the aerospace industry.
Degrees and Years of Experience
- Ideal combo would be an undergraduate degree in a technical discipline combined with an MBA.
- Technical background a must, including at least three years in the aerospace industry.
- Seeking a minimum of three years’ experience in outside sales.
Comp / Relo / Travel / EEOC / Reply
- Compensation depends on experience, training and educational background. Positions have a strong base, plus incentive compensation and good benefits. Comp is approximately two-thirds base and one-third incentives, and could be in the six-figure range.
- Relocation allowance would be considered for an ideal candidate.
- Overnight travel varies from 20% to 80%, and territory size varies from regional to international. Valid driver’s license required. Valid passport may be required.
- Equal opportunity / affirmative action employers. Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
- Send résumé and cover letter with salary history and compensation requirements to: email@example.com.
# # #