Manufacturing Firm » South Metro Atlanta
Our client, a manufacturing company in south metro Atlanta, is seeking a self-starting Quality Technician to audit, test and measure finished goods to ensure customer standards are met, as well as follow their own ISO-based standards. This is a second shift position from 3:00 to 11:00 pm. Initial training would be on days for three or four weeks.
You must be able to work well independently since you will be on your own in the lab for most of your shift. Attention to detail and meeting schedule are keys. You will be managing multiple priorities to meet deadlines. You will need good analytical, computer, and influencing skills. You must understand the role of quality in a manufacturing organization and a quality operating system.
Alternate titles: quality assurance technician, quality assurance specialist, QA tech, QA supervisor, quality control analyst, quality control technician, lab technician, laboratory analyst.
- Ensure personal compliance with corporate, plant safety standards and job specific safety standards.
- Apply statistical tools and techniques to monitor plant performance and finished goods.
- Complete laboratory testing with testing equipment and collect samples at established intervals.
- Handle small scale laminator and high pressure cooker to demonstrate the performance check of finished goods.
- Audit processes for compliance to control plan requirements including process parameters.
- Complete dimensional checks and reports on products.
- Continually seek process improvements and make recommendations to management. Communicate quality issues and out of specifications conditions to appropriate personnel and shift leaders.
- Requires an associate’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years’ of related experience.
- ASQ certification or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of basic statistics; knowledge of metrology including calibration.
- Uses logical approach to problem solving in production and continuous improvement.
Reply / EEO
- Send résumé, cover letter and compensation requirements to: email.
- Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
- Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
# # #