Our client is seeking a Production Manager to lead manufacturing operations. Successful candidate will lead a team of approximately seven direct reports and 30 indirect in a 24/7 operation. Our other placements at this company report they love working here. Position reports to the General Manager of Manufacturing.
Alternate titles: Plant Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Production Supervisor.
- Lead a team of 35-40 salaried and hourly employees – including four Production Supervisors. Manage production and production planning in a 24/7 operation.
- Employ Lean Six Sigma principles to achieve production goals regarding cost controls, waste reduction, quality, safety, and on-time delivery. Incorporate 5S principles into the operations plan.
- Balance the outputs of three closely integrated manufacturing processes to avoid any interruptions. Take immediate steps to correct this situation when it occurs.
- Develop the production leadership team to carry out operational strategies, conduct employee training and development, and instill culture of safety, quality and productivity.
- Recommend strategic improvements for a three to five year horizon.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering or related field, plus five years’ of production or general management experience – or an equivalent combination. Experience in a roll-to-roll plant a big plus.
- Extensive experience with Lean Six Sigma and quality principles including Kaizen, 5S, process improvement, TPM, ISO, and production scheduling. Six Sigma certification a big plus.
- Experience with ERP systems and MS Office (especially Excel), to analyze and improve operations, perform variance analysis, and make presentations to management.
- Excellent strategic planning, operations leadership, employee development, performance management, and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations and compliance measures.
Reply / EEO
- Send résumé, cover letter and compensation requirements to: email.
- Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
- Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
# # #