IoT / Intelligent Control Systems
Our client is a leading manufacturer of LED lighting products. They are experiencing rapid growth and are expanding our team to better serve their customers. We are seeking a Product Manager to become an integral part of their team. You will research, develop and design manufactured products in accordance with customer needs and company standards. Position reports to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
- Portfolio strategy: Develop and maintain a five-year multi-generation product road map that positions our client to win in the marketplace, drive customer centric innovations, ensure P&L growth, and include the latest VoC input. Monitor and adapt product portfolio strategy to changing industry regulations and market trends.
- Category management: Oversee product life-cycle and management, development, profitability, and market share growth. Collaborate globally with Engineering, Manufacturing, Strategic Sourcing, Purchasing, Quality, Marketing, and Finance to ensure optimal marketing mix and profitable growth of product category.
- Market analysis: Provide analyses and recommendations regarding marketing programs and product portfolio enhancements. Lead competitive benchmarking activities including voice-of-customer (VoC), market data, GAP analysis, competitive analysis, product tear-downs, PEP processes, and other benchmarking methodologies.
- New product development: Collaborate with customers and colleagues in China to develop innovative products. Lead cross-functional teams to develop new products through the stage-gate product development process (PDP). Set pricing and margin expectations. Ensure project schedules and launch dates are achieved.
- Product commercialization: Lead commercialization process for product launches. Manage costs and profitability. Lead cost-reduction activities. Liaise with Quality to monitor quality and warranty metrics. Perform market research and customer-sensing activities required to define or refine product designs.
- Marketing support: Help build the brand. Assist in the development of brochures, catalogs, packaging, POS displays, product collateral, sell sheets, and websites. Provide marketing support for promotions, product training, and sales training. Provide product leadership at customer and internal events and meetings.
- Portfolio reporting and analysis: Develop product category dashboard and reports to monitor and drive growth in market share, unit volume, profitability, customer mix, product mix, and market trends. Provide analyses and recommendations regarding marketing programs and product portfolio enhancements.
- Five years’ experience marketing and selling to home improvement retailers required.
- Three years’ experience in IoT (product management, marketing, or engineering) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, engineering, or related field required; MBA strongly preferred.
- Outstanding analytical, strategic planning, team leadership, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Microsoft skills: Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel (pivot tables, macros, formulas, charts, graphs).
- Able and willing to travel to domestic client meetings, global trade shows, and China HQ twice each year.
- Must be innovative, collaborative, customer-centric, flexible, and business savvy.
Reply / EEOC
- Send résumé and cover letter with salary history to: email.
- Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
- Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
# # #