Controller – South Metro Atlanta
Growing manufacturing company in the south metro Atlanta area seeks a talented Controller to join their team. Position requires strong analytical, reporting, presentation, and problem-solving skills. Good compensation and benefits. Reports to the CFO.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credit and collections, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general accounting, cost accounting, and sales and use tax and income tax reporting.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal controls and checks across all departments.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Issue timely monthly financial reporting package and other ad-hoc reports as necessary.
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals.
- Manage and develop accounting staff.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Coordinate with HR Manager to ensure all payroll functions are handled appropriately and timely.
- Manage commercial banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms.
- Interface with outside audit firms(s) and coordinate annual or other periodic audits.
- Interface with banks and lessors, insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies.
- Report to the CEO and Board of Directors when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited four-year college or university; Master’s preferred.
- Ten-plus years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA or CMA license is preferred but not required.
Reply / EEOC
- Send résumé, cover letter, and compensation requirements: reply.
- Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
- Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
# # #