Atlanta-based Christian Nonprofit
Are you ready to move from success to significance?
Operation Mobilization USA, a metro Atlanta-based (Tyrone) nonprofit, seeks a proactive and insightful Director of Finance. He or she will lead a team of four or five people who manage day-to-day accounting operations. The team supports 6000 volunteers and 600 employees in 118 countries around the world. Position reports to the CFO.
Successful candidate must be a mature follower of Christ, in fellowship in a local church, and in agreement with OM’s statement of faith. He or she will be full of vital energy and recognized as an agent for positive change.
- Strategic planning and FP&A: Collaborate with the CEO, CFO, Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), and other team members to double the number of missionaries deployed around the globe. Advise leadership on financial issues and legal risks. Provide financial guidance to OM field offices and related partner organizations.
- General ledger, reporting and treasury: Build scalable, efficient, and well-controlled financial reporting practices. Manage the GL and treasury functions. Produce required internal and external reporting. Provide analyses, trend reports, and other forms of support. Research and interpret data to answer inquiries from leadership.
- Forecasting and budgeting: Provide strong financial stewardship. Play a key role in developing the operating budget. Manage the budget plan, monitor expenditures against plan – and review, investigate, and report on variances. Contribute to the development of capital improvement budgets and cost justifications.
- Compliance and controls: Ensure financial operations and policies are in compliance with Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), GAAP, federal, and state regulations based on guidelines provided by the CFO and Board of Directors. Manage annual audit. Act as point-person for auditors during on-site audit.
- Risk management: Assess business and financial risks, recommend policies and procedures to mitigate risks, and manage relationships with insurance providers to ensure appropriate risk coverage for nonemployee benefit insurance such as property, liability, directors and officers (D&O), etc.
- Project management: Act as owner for the finance and accounting department for an ERP implementation. Assess projects for ROI. Recommend and implement solutions to that improve departmental and organizational efficiency, effectiveness, and quality – to drive improved decision-making by OM USA leadership.
- Talent acquisition, employee and team development: Identify talent with the potential to serve OM in any capacity – especially within the department. Inspire outstanding individual and team performance. Oversee the performance appraisal process and utilize it to help each person achieve his or her career and ministry goals.
- Heart: Passion for global missions – to reach the unreached and forgotten in the name of Christ.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field. CPA or CMA required.
- Experience: Five years’ experience in financial management, especially more strategic roles in nonprofits.
- Skills: Outstanding leadership, collaboration, conflict resolution, problem solving, and strategic planning skills.
- Technology: Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel power user) and ERP systems.
- Send résumé, cover letter, and compensation requirements to: email@example.com. Your cover letter should address the following questions:
- How do you meet the specific requirements of the position?
- How have you integrated your faith into everyday contexts?
# # #
PLC Controls Engineer – Industrial Equipment
Industrial equipment manufacturer in south metro Atlanta seeks a PLC Controls Engineer. The winning candidate will be a highly energetic, results-oriented and competitive team member. Excellent analytical, design, problem solving, project management, and troubleshooting skills required. Reports to the VP of Engineering.
Alternate titles: control panel engineer, electrical design engineer, electrical project engineer, instrumentation and electrical reliability engineer (I&E reliability engineer), power systems engineer.
- Design electrical components and systems of industrial equipment and machinery to the customer’s desired application.
- Design test control apparatus and determine methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products.
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems.
- Participate in directing activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Participate in coordinating the operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Minimum of B.S. in Electrical Engineering is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years electrical engineering experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Familiar with industrial controls using relay and PLC logic.
- Experienced with PLC programming as well as machine interface controls.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 20%.
Reply / EEO
Send résumé and compensation requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
# # #
Technical Sales Professionals – Multiple Industries
We are recruiting energetic, self-confident technical sales professionals with a competitive spirit for multiple positions at three companies in metro Atlanta. Our clients provide high-dollar products and services with longer sales cycles and/or multi-year service contracts.
Outstanding consultative selling skills are a must – including strong needs analysis, solution development, presentation, objection resolution, negotiating and closing skills. Other critical skills include technical collaboration, project management, and problem solving.
Positions are individual contributors reporting to a director or VP of sales.
- New business development: Are you a hunter? Would you be willing to tackle a bear with only a knife? Successful candidates will have a proven track record of identifying and winning brand-new accounts. Describe your experience with market analysis, prospecting, and networking to open doors at high-potential prospects – and then turning them into new profitable accounts. Give quantified details.
- Account management: Are you a farmer? Successful candidates will be strong believers in the idea that “some of our best prospects are our current customers.” Describe your experience expanding relationships with existing accounts to drive profitable revenue growth. Maybe it was by penetrating another business unit or territory within the account, or by developing a new product or service for your customer. Give quantified details.
- Internal functions: Candidates must willing and able to attend to administrative functions critical to business operations including reporting, analyzing, forecasting, budgeting, demand planning, and strategic planning. You may also collaborate with others on marketing initiatives and new product development.
- Industries: Top candidates would have education and experience in one or more of the following industries – aerospace, airlines, aviation, industrial automation, industrial equipment and machines, instrumentation, maintenance repair overhaul (MRO), medical device, and other scientific, technical or engineering fields.
- Past or potential titles: account manager, aftermarket sales manager, application sales engineer, business development consultant, business development manager, district sales manager, global account manager, key account manager, national account manager, national sales manager, product development manager, product manager, regional manager, regional sales manager, sales administration manager, sales administrator, sales and marketing analyst, sales engineer, sales representative, technical sales representative, territory manager, territory sales manager.
Software and Technical Skills
- Candidates must be adept with office and mobile technology. No ifs, ands, or buts!
- Microsoft Office – very proficient with Word and Excel, proficient with Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) – e.g., Salesforce, NetSuite, Zoho, etc.
- Enterprise (ERP) – e.g., SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.
- For some clients AutoCAD, SolidWorks or other 3D software would be a plus.
Degrees and Years of Experience
- Ideal combo would be an undergraduate degree in a technical discipline combined with an MBA.
- Technical disciplines include mechanical, electrical, chemical, industrial, and aerospace engineering.
- Seeking a minimum of three years’ experience in outside sales.
- Additional years of experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
Comp / Relo / Travel / EEOC / Reply
- Compensation depends on experience, training and educational background. Positions have a strong base, plus incentive compensation and good benefits. Comp is approximately two-thirds base and one-third incentives, and could be in the six-figure range.
- Relocation allowance would be considered for an ideal candidate.
- Overnight travel varies from 20% to 80%, and territory size varies from regional to international. Valid driver’s license required. Valid passport may be required.
- Equal opportunity / affirmative action employers. Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
- Send résumé and cover letter with salary history and compensation requirements to: email@example.com.
# # #