Quality Assurance Manager – Forest Park
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible to implement and manage all necessary Quality Assurance programs as required by company policy and/or applicable regulations. Programs include Food Safety Management System, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points; Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures; Allergen Program, Bio-Security Program; Traceback / Recall Program, incoming raw material, in process and finished goods testing; SNHD, FDA, USDA and 3rd-party audits and other programs as required. The Quality Assurance Manager also oversees the cleanliness of the Processing Room and other facility areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor operation for compliance to Company’s quality assurance and food safety policies.
- Manage in house microbiological testing laboratory including personnel, supplies and budget.
- Monitor finished product specifications and enforce compliance.
- Review and provide follow through on customer comments/complaints from a QA perspective.
- Resolve product quality, health and safety issues and communicate with management on a regular basis the status of all complaints.
- Coordinate “mock recalls” on a semi-annual basis.
- Audit plant sanitation processes. Audit and document effectiveness of chemicals and procedures and communicate/follow through on corrective actions.
- Manage plant Pest Control Program; coordinate services with pest control operator to ensure optimal performance.
- Provide technical and other assistance to Operations as required. Areas include plant safety training, chemical usage and handling, GMP training, Food Safety training, regulatory compliance and other technical assistance as required.
- Control and release of withheld or retained product. Capability of placing product on hold in Thyme preventing product from being allocated to customer orders.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Define quality policies and interacts with Production Manager to ensure existing standards of production are satisfactory and follow safety regulations.
- Manage in house janitorial and sanitation processes.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge in food manufacturing operation and strong understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Strong knowledge in Microbiology, Food Science with specialty on Food Microbiology and Food Safety
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and Internet applications.
- Detail oriented and analytical skills
- Capable to read, write, and understand policies and guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Strong problem solving skills and able to work independently
- Effective communication and report writing skills
- Record keeping
- Process Improvement
- Analyzing Information
- Strategic Planning
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, dealing with complexity
Contact with all levels of personnel within the company(s) and with outside customers and vendors.
Office, Warehouse and Processing Room Environments; occasional travel to various location with open availability to work weekends and evenings as necessary, ability to lift 20 to 30 pounds as needed.
Verbal ability, decision making ability, ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, time management, and open availability. An eye for detail and a desire for continuous improvement. Efficient performance as a team player.
– – – – –
We offer full comprehensive benefits including 401(k) w/ matching contribution; medical, dental, disability insurance, and a vision plan.
Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
Send résumés to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #