Christ Our Shepherd Lutheran Church
Full-time Director of Youth and Family Ministry, 6-12th Grades, with an eye toward future ministry with that special age-group, Millennials. COS is a faith community “connecting to Jesus’ pathway of joy and life.” So we are seeking someone who whole-heartedly, compassionately “gets it” that young people, though in a unique time of life, are awesome and that they are part of a family. This someone FIRST must love the Lord and is passionate about God’s call to serve with joy.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates mature Christian character and models faith practices (praying daily, worshiping weekly, giving generously).
- Creatively guides youth and families in nurturing their faith lives, preparing them to recognize and respond to God’s presence, and innovatively motivating all to grow in love for God and for others.
- Multiplies ministry impact and teams by strategically “equipping the saints for their ministry” especially in building teams (Ephesians 4).
- Communicates knowledge and passion for Scripture in age-appropriate creative ways.
- Plans, organizes and executes assigned areas of ministry, multitasks, giving attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effectively builds genuine, healthy relationships with the youth, their parents, Youth Council, leaders, and volunteers with a friendly, joyful attitude and an unpretentious heart of service.
- Practices being fully present; listens, affirms, and invests in the well-being of others.
- Enthusiastically tries new things and shares spiritual gifts with the church.
- Works energetically and collaboratively with co-workers and volunteers.
Overview List of Areas of Ministry
In partnership with designated staff and volunteer teams.
- Middle School Confirmation Ministry (Grades 6-8)
- Living Our Faith Together (LOFT) Ministry (Grades 9-12)
- Faith Formation Ministry to Middle School and High School Youth (beyond Confirmation).
- Worship Connections
- Fellowship Events and Service Events
- Youth Council, ad-hoc teams, pastors, ministry staff, parents, and youth
- Young Adult Initiative
Skills Needed to Make the Ministry Vibrant
Preferred Gifts and Abilities
- Values collaborating as a team with encouragement and mutual support.
- Is flexible and able to manage change in healthy ways, positive, and friendly.
- Understands youth culture and sees what is good in the adolescent world.
- Models professional work ethic and lives out this job description in alignment with personal vocational calling, and skills.
- Desires professional growth and learning.
Commitment to Discovery and Developing Gifts
- Discover and strengthen the gifts of present and possible leaders for Youth and Family Ministry.
- Secure and cultivate the leaders and give them purposeful opportunities to use their gifts.
- Continue to support, nurture, and appreciate the leaders, providing the resources needed.
Administration and Logistics
- Administration responsibilities.
- Communications responsibilities.
- Responsibilities for overseeing logistics of the ministry.
Education Requirements and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, certification in Youth and Family Ministry, or comparable work experience.
- Has a strong record of 2-5 years leading youth programs. Appreciation for best practices of youth, children, and family Faith Formation ministry, and the theology of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
- Experience with program planning, camp and/or retreat programming, and implementation skills.
- Has teaching experience and experience in motivating and managing volunteers.
- Theology and values are in harmony with the congregation’s mission, vision, and values.
- Strong computer skills, competent in Microsoft Office Suite programs, strong in and appropriately uses social media skills, strong command of the English language and proper usage.
Includes work in a team-work office environment, moderate physical activities with middle and high school aged youth and recreational activities. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee successfully to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Accountable to: Associate Pastor
Time: 40 hours per week (full-time), including midweek programming, weekends, and some overnight
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Understands this job description is a living document. Salary is mid to high 30’s. This is a full-time with medical benefits.
Send resumes to email@example.com.
# # #
ProgressiveHealth is an industry leader partnering with large employers and industrial manufacturers and hospitals to deliver on-site prevention and targeted population health improvement solutions. We are seeking the right individual to join our team in Evansville, IN or in Peachtree City, GA to lead our current technology initiatives and collaboratively discover and develop new applications and approaches to improve the overall wellbeing and performance of our client-partners.
What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking a candidate to lead our data, application, and interoperability initiatives. The candidate must have both hands on and leadership experience in a clinical/assessment data environment. The candidate must have the following assets:
- Experience in data architecture including OLTP and OLAP/data analysis structures, transformation processes, and high availability. SQL Server is the target database infrastructure.
- Experience in clinical and administrative interoperability perspective, including HL7, XDS, web API, and FHIR.
- Strategic planning and evangelization of strategic vision both up and down and the organization.
- Strong leadership skills including organization change and team stretch. Ours is a dynamic environment and technology is the tool that will allow us to grow.
- Experience developing and leading using the following technologies: .net, SQL Server, HL7 interfaces, web API, normalized and reporting data structures.
What You Need for this Position
- A great work ethic and a continuous-improvement / Lean / process change / disruption disposition.
- Preference for variety of job tasks and involvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computers Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field.
- 10+ years in information technology, including development, data architecture, leadership, and strategic design
- Strong team leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with internal operational directors, internal executives, and client administration and IT resources.
- Strong process improvement experience-ability to come up with solutions-anticipate challenges-find better, faster, more efficient ways to get the job done.
What’s in it for You
This a full time, direct-hire position with a competitive total compensation package, excellent benefits, and a favorable work/life balance. We offer a flexible work schedule and dynamic company culture. Attire is “dress for your day.” You can wear jeans if it is an in-office day or choose appropriate attire for offsite meetings.
If you’re qualified, and if working for a respected company with a great culture and satisfied clients sounds like what you’re looking for, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention that you found this lead on the O’Farrell Career Management website.
# # #
Technical Sales Professional / Account Manager – Aerospace
We are recruiting energetic, self-confident technical sales professionals with a competitive spirit for a great client in metro Atlanta. Our client provides high-dollar products and services with longer sales cycles and/or multi-year service contracts.
Outstanding consultative selling skills are a must – including strong needs analysis, solution development, presentation, objection resolution, negotiating and closing skills. Other critical skills include technical collaboration, project management, and problem solving.
- New business development: Are you a hunter? Would you be willing to tackle a bear with only a knife? Successful candidates will have a proven track record of identifying and winning brand-new accounts. Describe your experience with market analysis, prospecting, and networking to open doors at high-potential prospects – and then turning them into new profitable accounts. Give quantified details.
- Account management: Are you a farmer? Successful candidates will be strong believers in the idea that “some of our best prospects are our current customers.” Describe your experience expanding relationships with existing accounts to drive profitable revenue growth. Maybe it was by penetrating another business unit or territory within the account, or by developing a new product or service for your customer. Give quantified details.
- Internal functions: Candidates must willing and able to attend to administrative functions critical to business operations including reporting, analyzing, forecasting, budgeting, demand planning, and strategic planning. You may also collaborate with others on marketing initiatives and new product development.
- Industries: Top candidates would have experience in the following industries – aerospace, airlines, aviation, instrumentation, maintenance repair overhaul (MRO), and other scientific, technical or engineering fields.
- Related titles: account manager, aftermarket sales manager, application sales engineer, business development consultant, business development manager, district sales manager, global account manager, key account manager, national account manager, national sales manager, product development manager, product manager, regional manager, regional sales manager, sales administration manager, sales administrator, sales and marketing analyst, sales engineer, sales representative, technical sales representative, territory manager, territory sales manager.
Software and Technical Skills
- Candidates must be adept with office and mobile technology. No ifs, ands, or buts!
- Microsoft Office – very proficient with Word and Excel, proficient with Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) – e.g., Salesforce, NetSuite, Zoho, etc.
- Enterprise (ERP) – e.g., SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.
- For one position, Spanish and Portuguese would be a big plus.
Degrees and Years of Experience
- Ideal combo would be an undergraduate degree in a technical discipline combined with an MBA.
- Technical disciplines include mechanical, electrical, chemical, industrial, and aerospace engineering.
- Seeking a minimum of five years’ experience in outside sales.
- Additional years of experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
Comp / Relo / Travel / EEOC / Reply
- Compensation depends on experience, training and educational background. Positions have a strong base, plus incentive compensation and good benefits. Comp is approximately two-thirds base and one-third incentives, and could be in the six-figure range.
- Relocation allowance would be considered for an ideal candidate.
- Overnight travel varies from 20% to 80%, and territory size varies from regional to international. Valid driver’s license required. Valid passport may be required.
- Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
- Send résumé and cover letter with salary history and compensation requirements to: email@example.com.
# # #
Atlanta-based Christian Nonprofit
Are you ready to move from success to significance?
Operation Mobilization USA, a metro Atlanta-based (Tyrone) nonprofit, seeks a proactive and insightful Director of Finance. He or she will lead a team of four or five people who manage day-to-day accounting operations. The team supports 6000 volunteers and 600 employees in 118 countries around the world. Position reports to the CFO.
Successful candidate must be a mature follower of Christ, in fellowship in a local church, and in agreement with OM’s statement of faith. He or she will be full of vital energy and recognized as an agent for positive change.
- Strategic planning and FP&A: Collaborate with the CEO, CFO, Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), and other team members to double the number of missionaries deployed around the globe. Advise leadership on financial issues and legal risks. Provide financial guidance to OM field offices and related partner organizations.
- General ledger, reporting and treasury: Build scalable, efficient, and well-controlled financial reporting practices. Manage the GL and treasury functions. Produce required internal and external reporting. Provide analyses, trend reports, and other forms of support. Research and interpret data to answer inquiries from leadership.
- Forecasting and budgeting: Provide strong financial stewardship. Play a key role in developing the operating budget. Manage the budget plan, monitor expenditures against plan – and review, investigate, and report on variances. Contribute to the development of capital improvement budgets and cost justifications.
- Compliance and controls: Ensure financial operations and policies are in compliance with Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), GAAP, federal, and state regulations based on guidelines provided by the CFO and Board of Directors. Manage annual audit. Act as point-person for auditors during on-site audit.
- Risk management: Assess business and financial risks, recommend policies and procedures to mitigate risks, and manage relationships with insurance providers to ensure appropriate risk coverage for nonemployee benefit insurance such as property, liability, directors and officers (D&O), etc.
- Project management: Act as owner for the finance and accounting department for an ERP implementation. Assess projects for ROI. Recommend and implement solutions to that improve departmental and organizational efficiency, effectiveness, and quality – to drive improved decision-making by OM USA leadership.
- Talent acquisition, employee and team development: Identify talent with the potential to serve OM in any capacity – especially within the department. Inspire outstanding individual and team performance. Oversee the performance appraisal process and utilize it to help each person achieve his or her career and ministry goals.
- Heart: Passion for global missions – to reach the unreached and forgotten in the name of Christ.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field. CPA or CMA required.
- Experience: Five years’ experience in financial management, especially more strategic roles in nonprofits.
- Skills: Outstanding leadership, collaboration, conflict resolution, problem solving, and strategic planning skills.
- Technology: Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel power user) and ERP systems.
- Send résumé, cover letter, and compensation requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should address the following questions:
- How do you meet the specific requirements of the position?
- How have you integrated your faith into everyday contexts?
# # #
PLC Controls Engineer – Industrial Equipment
Industrial equipment manufacturer in south metro Atlanta seeks a PLC Controls Engineer. The winning candidate will be a highly energetic, results-oriented and competitive team member. Excellent analytical, design, problem solving, project management, and troubleshooting skills required. Reports to the VP of Engineering.
Alternate titles: control panel engineer, electrical design engineer, electrical project engineer, instrumentation and electrical reliability engineer (I&E reliability engineer), power systems engineer.
- Design electrical components and systems of industrial equipment and machinery to the customer’s desired application.
- Design test control apparatus and determine methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products.
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems.
- Participate in directing activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Participate in coordinating the operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Minimum of B.S. in Electrical Engineering is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years electrical engineering experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Familiar with industrial controls using relay and PLC logic.
- Experienced with PLC programming as well as machine interface controls.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 20%.
Reply / EEO
Send résumé and compensation requirements to: email@example.com.
Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
# # #