Plant Engineering and Maintenance Manager – Film and Packaging Industry
Startup facility in south metro Atlanta seeking Plant Engineering and Maintenance Manager. Successful candidate will play a key role in the opening of this facility. Strong leadership, team-building, troubleshooting and project management skills required. This position will work closely with the corporate engineering, plant management, and plant maintenance team. Must be willing to work on a flexible schedule. Seven-day operation. Base is $85-110K per year. Required travel up to 25%.
- Install, commission, debug, and implement on-going controls and automated quality systems for new equipment.
- Provide lead support for implementation of world-class maintenance processes at a manufacturing facility including FMEA, root cause problem solving and failure analysis, equipment modification / redesign.
- Provide lead expertise for developing and optimizing preventive and predictive maintenance (vibration analysis, thermography, etc.) programs.
- Modify, troubleshoot and program PLC’s on equipment.
- Manage maintenance schedules and repairs. Purchase parts, equipment, etc. and hire outside contractors (plumbers, electricians and other skilled trades) as needed.
- Assign, schedule and supervise maintenance resources. Conduct annual employee performance reviews. Track and evaluate individual maintenance department employee performance.
- Support and enforce facility EHS (environmental, health and safety) systems including, but not limited to, use of all PPE, ensuring guards and safety features are working. Promote good safety practices and habits.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in mechanical, chemical or electrical engineering, or a combination of education and experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification preferred.
- Five to seven years of plant engineering and maintenance experience.
- Three years of supervisory experienced in maintenance, with titles such as maintenance manager, maintenance superintendent, plant engineering manager, etc.
- Two years of experience with industrial electrical controls and/or automated quality control systems, electrical schematics, electrical drawings.
- Experience packaging film industry (or similar), including equipment and electronics such as: motors, drives, air compressors, chillers, water pumps, PLC/HMI controls, electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Strong capital equipment and project management experience to support the implementation of world-class plant maintenance processes in the manufacturing facility.
- Extensive experience applying FMEA, Root Cause Analysis, DOE, SMED, SPC, 6S and other Lean tools.
- Direct involvement with preventative maintenance programs (CMMS).
Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
Send résumé and compensation requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #