The George W. Woodruff School of Engineering is the oldest School on campus, celebrating its 125th Anniversary in the 2013-2014 academic years. Mechanical Engineering has grown over the years from the original shop or trade culture to a professional curriculum with experimental laboratories and multi-disciplinary challenges. Today, nationally ranked, we are the largest enrollment academic unit on campus. However, throughout our history one thing has always remained constant: excellence in creating and building products, devices, and systems that make the world a better place!
Job Purpose: Provide unit level support in the installation, operation and maintenance of a wide variety of applications within a diverse customer base. Position typically addresses highly complex issues using advanced system/infrastructural concepts and campus objectives and working with a high degree of autonomy. May manage project teams.
- Lead in understanding business needs of the unit supported to define new solutions and technology applications to serve them.
- Provide expert technical advice and/or leadership to technical teams.
- Diagnose and resolve highly complex technical problems with computer hardware, software and servers.
- Identify and implement server replacement or upgrades.
- Analyze and resolve highly complex workstation, application and server related problems.
- Deliver technical related presentations to other systems support personnel and unit administrators.
- Develop and recommend standard operating procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Four to six years job related experience.
- Skills: This job requires expert knowledge of and skill in the installation and maintenance of information technology hardware and software, requiring an in-depth understanding of industry practices and campus policies and procedures. Included are skills in problem solving, decision making, technical/project leadership, customer service, system documentation and communications.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer or engineering related field
- Preferred Work Experience: 4 years of Windows and/or Linux/UNIX support experience with at least two of those years in a large environment (500+ systems)
- Preferred Certifications: MSCE and/or CNE is a plus
Preferred Skills: This position requires a high degree of judgment and exemplary customer relationship skills. To be successful a candidate should demonstrate expert knowledge with a variety of common Microsoft Windows operating systems (XP, 7, Server 2003 & 2008) applications, and hardware platforms. Experience with the following or similar technologies is preferred: LANDesk, McAfee EPO, Windows provisioning systems (Ghost, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, etc.), Data recovery tools, SMS, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Cicso switches and firewalls, installing/maintaining CAD/CAM/CAE packages.
Job: Information Technology – Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta – Schedule: Full-time
To apply, please visit our website and insert the requisition number. If you are interested in the opportunity, please complete the online application.