HR Manager – Engineering and Manufacturing Company
Growing engineering and manufacturing company in south metro Atlanta seeks versatile HR manager to support approximately 100 employees in the USA. Individual will provide limited support for 75 more employees in Europe. He or she will supervise one payroll and benefits assistant, as well as an HR specialist. Reports to the President.
Along with HR strategy, job scope includes administration, benefits, communications, compensation, diversity, EEO, EHS (safety), employee assistance programs, employee development, employee relations, HRIS, international, legal, organizational development, talent acquisition, and training.
- HR strategy: Cast the vision and articulate the HR strategy to build a strong team and grow the company. Participate as a business partner with the leadership team. Advise leadership on HR-related issues, legal risks, and employment trends. Make recommendations for organizational changes to improve the workforce.
- HR operations: Lead a small team with one payroll and benefits assistant, and an HR specialist. Assess and improve team composition and roles, engage with strategic partners, and manage the HR budget. Manage HR plans and procedures. Prepare and maintain employee handbook.
- HR administration: Work with senior leadership and legal counsel to ensure policies, procedures, practices and reporting comply with federal and state law. Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions. Oversee all comp and benefit programs (payroll, PTO, insurance, workers comp).
- Talent acquisition: Implement HR strategies for domestic and global talent acquisition. Oversee the employment life cycle including staffing, onboarding, immigration, new hire processing, records management, training and development, succession planning, employee retention, and termination.
- Employee and team development: Motivate and inspire outstanding individual and team. Participate in coaching and development for domestic staff. Lead management training in interviewing, hiring, promotions, performance reviews, termination, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Performance management: Partner with current leaders to develop the leaders of the future. Play a key role in succession planning. Oversee the performance appraisal process and utilize it to help each employee achieve his or her career and ministry goals. Recognize outstanding performance on a shoestring budget.
- Process improvement: Streamline HR processes for maximum efficiency and optimal quality. Provide better and better HR service to employees. Enhance efficiency and effectiveness of HR programs to enable company to attract more qualified applicants.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or other related field.
- Experience: Five years’ experience in HR management, especially in HR generalist roles.
- Certification: Certification from SHRM or HRCI a plus.
- Skills: Outstanding leadership, collaboration, conflict resolution, problem solving, and strategic planning skills.
- Technology: Proficient with Microsoft Office, ADP and other HR software, and ERP systems.
- Travel: Must be able to travel 10-20% of the time.
Reply / EEO
- Send résumé and compensation requirements to: email@example.com.
- Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
- Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
# # #
PLC Controls Engineer – Industrial Equipment
Industrial equipment manufacturer in south metro Atlanta seeks an Electrical Engineer. The right candidate will be a highly energetic, results-oriented and competitive team member. Excellent analytical, design, problem solving, project management, and troubleshooting skills required. Reports to the VP of Engineering.
Alternate titles: control panel engineer, electrical design engineer, electrical project engineer, instrumentation and electrical reliability engineer (I&E reliability engineer), power systems engineer.
- Design electrical components and systems of industrial equipment and machinery to the customer’s desired application.
- Design test control apparatus and determine methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products.
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems.
- Participate in directing activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Participate in coordinating the operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Minimum of B.S. in Electrical Engineering is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years electrical engineering experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Familiar with industrial controls using relay and PLC logic.
- Experienced with PLC programming as well as machine interface controls.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 20%.
Reply / EEO
Send résumé and compensation requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
# # #
Supply Chain Planner – Aviation Industry
FAA component repair station and spare parts supplier seeks talented Supply Chain Planner. He or she will meet customer demands by planning and managing inventory to achieve turn and fill rate targets. The Planner maintains open communication channels with aerospace OEMs, and within the organization, to optimize information flow and drive continuous improvement into the forecasting process. Successful candidate will have outstanding analytical, forecasting, and technical collaboration skills. Reports to the Supply Chain Planning Manager.
- Collect, analyze, and translate historical and causal (external) data to create a global forecast for assigned OEM(s).
- Establish stocking plans for all company locations.
- Conduct monthly S&OP meetings with assigned OEM(s) to identify potential risks, capacity constraints, and improvement opportunities.
- Produce a global forecast of planned purchases for assigned OEM’s each month and forward to the OEM for inclusion in their production planning process.
- Manage AOG stock requirements.
- Manage power-by-the-hour (PBH) and other special types of inventory requirements.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Reliability, and Customer Support teams to maintain productive communication with customers and to improve customer service.
- Work with company repair centers to ensure stock is available to meet TAT goals.
- Work directly with customers’ planning groups to optimize supply chain planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain-related field, Business Administration, Aerospace or Engineering preferred.
- Five years of aviation supply chain or engineering experience is strongly preferred. Aviation-related experience of a technical nature will be considered.
- Experience with a planning software system such as MCA, Servigistics, Logility, etc. strongly preferred.
- Industry certification such as APICS, CPIM, CPM, or ISM is strongly preferred.
- A strong understanding of statistical forecasting methodology is preferred.
- Must have advanced-level of knowledge in MS Excel.
- Experience with Hyperion or SQL preferred.
EEOC / Reply
Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
Send résumé and compensation requirements to: email@example.com.
# # #
Technical Sales Professionals – Multiple Industries
We are recruiting energetic, self-confident technical sales professionals with a competitive spirit for multiple positions at three companies in metro Atlanta. Our clients provide high-dollar products and services with longer sales cycles and/or multi-year service contracts.
Outstanding consultative selling skills are a must – including strong needs analysis, solution development, presentation, objection resolution, negotiating and closing skills. Other critical skills include technical collaboration, project management, and problem solving.
Positions are individual contributors reporting to a director or VP of sales.
- New business development: Are you a hunter? Would you be willing to tackle a bear with only a knife? Successful candidates will have a proven track record of identifying and winning brand-new accounts. Describe your experience with market analysis, prospecting, and networking to open doors at high-potential prospects – and then turning them into new profitable accounts. Give quantified details.
- Account management: Are you a farmer? Successful candidates will be strong believers in the idea that “some of our best prospects are our current customers.” Describe your experience expanding relationships with existing accounts to drive profitable revenue growth. Maybe it was by penetrating another business unit or territory within the account, or by developing a new product or service for your customer. Give quantified details.
- Internal functions: Candidates must willing and able to attend to administrative functions critical to business operations including reporting, analyzing, forecasting, budgeting, demand planning, and strategic planning. You may also collaborate with others on marketing initiatives and new product development.
- Industries: Top candidates would have education and experience in one or more of the following industries – aerospace, airlines, aviation, industrial automation, industrial equipment and machines, instrumentation, maintenance repair overhaul (MRO), medical device, and other scientific, technical or engineering fields.
- Past or potential titles: account manager, aftermarket sales manager, application sales engineer, business development consultant, business development manager, district sales manager, global account manager, key account manager, national account manager, national sales manager, product development manager, product manager, regional manager, regional sales manager, sales administration manager, sales administrator, sales and marketing analyst, sales engineer, sales representative, technical sales representative, territory manager, territory sales manager.
Software and Technical Skills
- Candidates must be adept with office and mobile technology. No ifs, ands, or buts!
- Microsoft Office – very proficient with Word and Excel, proficient with Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) – e.g., Salesforce, NetSuite, Zoho, etc.
- Enterprise (ERP) – e.g., SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.
- For some clients AutoCAD, SolidWorks or other 3D software would be a plus.
Degrees and Years of Experience
- Ideal combo would be an undergraduate degree in a technical discipline combined with an MBA.
- Technical disciplines include mechanical, electrical, chemical, industrial, and aerospace engineering.
- Seeking a minimum of three years’ experience in outside sales.
- Additional years of experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
Comp / Relo / Travel / EEOC / Reply
- Compensation depends on experience, training and educational background. Positions have a strong base, plus incentive compensation and good benefits. Comp is approximately two-thirds base and one-third incentives, and could be in the six-figure range.
- Relocation allowance would be considered for an ideal candidate.
- Overnight travel varies from 20% to 80%, and territory size varies from regional to international. Valid driver’s license required. Valid passport may be required.
- Equal opportunity / affirmative action employers. Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
- Send résumé and cover letter with salary history and compensation requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #