Production Manager » Manufacturing Company
Our client is seeking a Production Manager to lead manufacturing operations. Successful candidate will lead a team of approximately seven direct reports and 30 indirect in a 24/7 operation. Our other placements at this company report they love working here. Position reports to the General Manager of Manufacturing.
Alternate titles: Plant Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Production Supervisor.
- Lead a team of 35-40 salaried and hourly employees – including four Production Supervisors. Manage production and production planning in a 24/7 operation.
- Employ Lean Six Sigma principles to achieve production goals regarding cost controls, waste reduction, quality, safety, and on-time delivery. Incorporate 5S principles into the operations plan.
- Balance the outputs of three closely integrated manufacturing processes to avoid any interruptions. Take immediate steps to correct this situation when it occurs.
- Develop the production leadership team to carry out operational strategies, conduct employee training and development, and instill culture of safety, quality and productivity.
- Recommend strategic improvements for a three to five year horizon.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering or related field, plus five years’ of production or general management experience – or an equivalent combination. Experience in a roll-to-roll plant a big plus.
- Extensive experience with Lean Six Sigma and quality principles including Kaizen, 5S, process improvement, TPM, ISO, and production scheduling. Six Sigma certification a big plus.
- Experience with ERP systems and MS Office (especially Excel), to analyze and improve operations, perform variance analysis, and make presentations to management.
- Excellent strategic planning, operations leadership, employee development, performance management, and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations and compliance measures.
Reply / EEO
- Send résumé, cover letter and compensation requirements to: Email.
- Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
- Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
# # #
What are the most sought-after jobs in America, and what makes them so desirable? Today, LinkedIn released its list of the 2017 Top Companies in the country. “This is a list of companies where we know people want to work,” said Dan Roth, LinkedIn Editor in Chief, during an interview on CNBC.
The 50 organizations were selected based on analysis of data from LinkedIn’s 500M+ members. “Many of the companies on the list…are brands we know, like, and often even love,” says Business Journalist, Suzy Welch. “This is not where people like to work, it’s where they yearn to work.”
So what are the qualities of these most desirable companies? Some are predictable – flexible work hours, a diverse workforce, innovative office environments, generous family leave and vacation time (many even have dog-friendly offices).
But Roth says there’s something more in the data. “What we see constantly is that people want to work at places where they can take on hard problems.”
Jobseekers are looking for opportunities to learn new ways of thinking and address important issues and causes. Today’s workers want to be part of something significant and challenging. And the companies they yearn to work for are those where they can collect experiences to push them to the next level in their career.
To learn more:
The 25 hottest companies in America, according to LinkedIn
LinkedIn’s top companies of 2017 reveal what employees really want
LinkedIn Top Companies 2017: Where the world wants to work now
The top 25 companies on the LinkedIn list:
25 – Capital One
Diversified banking company
24 – Adobe
Global leader in digital media/marketing solutions
23 – Stryker
Global medical technology company
22 – BlackRock
Investment firm and the world’s largest asset manager
21 – JLL
Professional services and investment management firm with a focus on real estate
20 – JPMorgan Chase & Co.
A leading global financial services firm
19 – Visa
Global payments technology company
18 – CBRE
The world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm
17 – Twitter
Social media platform available in over 35 languages with 316 million monthly active users
16 – Under Armour
Producer of specialized performance athletic apparel
15 – Workday
A leading provider of financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications
14 – Dell Technologies
An end-to-end computing solutions company
13 – McKinsey & Company
Global management consulting firm
12 – Netflix
The world’s leading Internet television network
11 – Airbnb
A community marketplace for individuals to list and book unique accommodations around the world
10 – Comcast
A global media and technology company
9 – The Walt Disney Company
Entertainment company producing films, television, sports coverage and theme park attractions
8 – Time Warner
Global leader in media and entertainment including television networks, film, and TV
7 – Apple
Pioneer in personal technology including computers, phones, software applications and platforms
6 – Tesla
Producer of electric vehicles and renewable energy generation and storage
5 – Uber
A transportation network company that operates car and food delivery mobile apps
4 – Salesforce
Producer of social and mobile cloud technologies
3 – Facebook
Social media and social networking service with 1.9 billion users each month
2 – Amazon
An electronic commerce and cloud computing company offering merchandise and entertainment to clients around the world
1 – Alphabet
Parent company of Google, a multinational technology company specializing in internet services and products
Super proud of Sadik. He came through his transition process with flying colors. This is a note he wrote to his HR director to say “thanks.”
– – – – –
I would like to take a moment to share with you my experience with O’Farrell Career Management for the last few months and how much they have helped me as outplacement consultants during my separation process.
They are professionals with many years of experience. The have a proven process to prepare professionals in identifying strengths and opportunities about their careers when phasing out of the difficult situation of being unintentionally separated from an employer. Dave and Stephannie cover with their process all the necessary areas including résumé preparation, market exploration, networking and behavioral interviewing, among others. All these areas really work, based on my own recent experience!
On the personal side, Dave is always there to talk to you about the program and any difficult situations you may be facing. He is a well-prepared career coach and a really nice guy. I’d encourage you to continue relying on his services when you need an outplacement consultant again.
Thanks for your time. Have a great day!
– Sadik Habach
Senior Vice President / Chief Financial Officer
Are you ready to move from success to significance?
Operation Mobilization USA, a metro Atlanta-based (Tyrone) nonprofit, seeks a proactive and insightful SVP / CFO. He or she will lead a team of three directors who oversee accounting, business development, and project management operations. OM has 6800 missionaries in 118 countries, including 600 from OM USA. Position reports to the CEO.
We are looking for someone who has climbed their mountains, conquered their demons, and saved for retirement. This position pays less than half of market value in a similarly-sized $30M corporation. The ideal candidate would be someone who is a “discerning leader” and “fired up about missions.”
Successful candidate must be a vibrant, intentional follower of Christ, in fellowship in a local church, and in agreement with OM’s statement of faith. He or she will be full of vital energy and recognized as an agent for positive change.
- Strategic and financial planning: Lead the strategic planning process, in collaboration with the CEO and leadership team, to double the number of missionaries deployed around the globe. Advise leadership on financial issues and legal risks. Liaise with the OM international finance organization in matters of global finance and best practices.
- Business development. Oversee new business development activities to drive financial results. Manage entrepreneurial activities already underway. Identify broad opportunities for alternative revenue sources. Provide council for other entrepreneurial activities of OM USA as needed.
- Forecasting and budgeting: Provide strong financial stewardship. Lead development of the operating budget. Oversee the budget plan, and monitor expenditures against plan. Contribute to the development of capital improvement budgets with cost justifications. Prioritize capacity-building investments.
- General ledger, reporting and treasury: Build scalable, efficient, and well-controlled financial reporting practices. Oversee the GL and treasury functions. Produce required internal and external reporting. Provide analyses, trend reports, and other forms of support. Research and interpret data to answer inquiries from leadership.
- Compliance and controls: Ensure financial operations and policies are in compliance with Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), GAAP, federal, and state regulations based on guidelines provided by the CFO and Board of Directors. Manage relationship with external auditors and with the ECFA.
- Risk management: Assess business and financial risks, recommend policies and procedures to mitigate risks, and manage relationships with insurers to ensure appropriate risk coverage for property, liability, and D&O. Optimize investment returns while ensuring compliance with board-authorized investment policies.
- Project management: Oversee the Project Management Office (PMO). Play a key role in the ERP implementation. Assess projects for ROI. Recommend and implement solutions to that improve departmental and organizational efficiency, effectiveness, and quality – to drive improved decision-making by OM USA leadership.
- Heart: Passion for global missions – to reach the unreached and forgotten in the name of Christ.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting. MBA, CPA or CMA preferred.
- Experience: Five years’ experience in a related executive role, especially more strategic roles in nonprofits.
- Skills: Outstanding leadership, collaboration, strategic planning, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
- Technology: Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel power user) and ERP systems.
Send résumé and cover letter: reply.
Your cover letter should address the following questions:
- How do you meet the specific seven responsibilities of the position?
- How have you integrated your faith into everyday contexts?
# # #
Product Manager – Internet of Things
Our client is a leading manufacturer of LED lighting products. They are experiencing rapid growth and are expanding our team to better serve their customers. We are seeking a Product Manager to become an integral part of their team. You will research, develop and design manufactured products in accordance with customer needs and company standards. Position reports to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
- Portfolio strategy: Develop and maintain a five-year multi-generation product road map that positions our client to win in the marketplace, drive customer centric innovations, ensure P&L growth, and include the latest VoC input. Monitor and adapt product portfolio strategy to changing industry regulations and market trends.
- Category management: Oversee product life-cycle and management, development, profitability, and market share growth. Collaborate globally with Engineering, Manufacturing, Strategic Sourcing, Purchasing, Quality, Marketing, and Finance to ensure optimal marketing mix and profitable growth of product category.
- Market analysis: Provide analyses and recommendations regarding marketing programs and product portfolio enhancements. Lead competitive benchmarking activities including voice-of-customer (VoC), market data, GAP analysis, competitive analysis, product tear-downs, PEP processes, and other benchmarking methodologies.
- New product development: Collaborate with customers and colleagues in China to develop innovative products. Lead cross-functional teams to develop new products through the stage-gate product development process (PDP). Set pricing and margin expectations. Ensure project schedules and launch dates are achieved.
- Product commercialization: Lead commercialization process for product launches. Manage costs and profitability. Lead cost-reduction activities. Liaise with Quality to monitor quality and warranty metrics. Perform market research and customer-sensing activities required to define or refine product designs.
- Marketing support: Help build the brand. Assist in the development of brochures, catalogs, packaging, POS displays, product collateral, sell sheets, and websites. Provide marketing support for promotions, product training, and sales training. Provide product leadership at customer and internal events and meetings.
- Portfolio reporting and analysis: Develop product category dashboard and reports to monitor and drive growth in market share, unit volume, profitability, customer mix, product mix, and market trends. Provide analyses and recommendations regarding marketing programs and product portfolio enhancements.
- Five years’ experience marketing and selling to home improvement retailers required.
- Three years’ experience in IoT (product management, marketing, or engineering) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, engineering, or related field required; MBA strongly preferred.
- Outstanding analytical, strategic planning, team leadership, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Microsoft skills: Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel (pivot tables, macros, formulas, charts, graphs).
- Able and willing to travel to domestic client meetings, global trade shows, and China HQ twice each year.
- Must be innovative, collaborative, customer-centric, flexible, and business savvy.
Reply / EEOC
- Send résumé and cover letter with salary history to: email@example.com.
- Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
- Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
# # #