Application Engineering Manager » Manufacturing
Our client, a manufacturing company in south metro Atlanta, is seeking an Application Engineering Manager. The company has a great culture and awesome benefits. The ideal candidate would have a degree in mechanical or electrical engineering technology. He or she will lead to team of five engineers.
Alternate titles: application engineer, electrical design engineer, electrical engineering technologist, equipment engineer, instrument and controls engineer (I&C engineer), mechanical and electrical project engineer, mechanical design engineer, mechanical engineer, test engineer.
- Oversee and contribute to the design and development of equipment and systems (or redesign of existing equipment) to fulfill the needs of customers. Ensure projects are completed on-time and within budget.
- Act as advisor to applications engineering team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- Create 2d drawings, specifications and Bill of Materials (and some 3d models).
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and field installation.
- Revise processes, documents, and drawings through Value Improvement (VIP) systems.
- Manage production capacity planning and job drawing packets.
- Interface with other division management (e.g., Sales and Operations) for seamless work flow.
- Monitor and assure the quality of drawings (components, dimensions, attributes) and Bill of Materials.
- Implement and maintain Application Engineering procedures and Engineering Training.
- BS or AS in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent experience.
- Eight years of related work experience, and three years of management experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Experience in electrical equipment controls design and implementation.
- Strong critical thinking skills, using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
Reply / EEO
- Send résumé, cover letter and compensation requirements to: email.
- Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
- Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
# # #