Our client, a global manufacturing company in south metro Atlanta, is seeking an Accounting Manager to join their team. Successful candidate will be responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. The AM will supervise a small staff in the local office as well as staff in our client’s global offices. Team will be in charge of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting. Reports to the Corporate Controller.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close – as well as timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine financial reporting transactions.
- Provide training to new and current staff as needed. Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year, and monitor and advise on progress and development of staff.
- Work closely with external auditors for interim and year-end audits. Ensure proper reporting and documentation as requested by auditors.
- Work with confidential information and required to maintain that confidentiality.
- Support Controller and CFO with special projects and any workflow process improvements.
- Manage ad-hoc and urgent financial reporting requests.
- Must have a BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Five to 10 years of experience in the financial reporting / general ledger area. Experience working in a manufacturing (cost accounting) is strongly preferred.
- Three to seven years of prior management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP including financial reporting, auditing, and budgeting experience.
- Must be PC-proficient and have strong experience working with Microsoft Excel (including large data sets to organize / analyze using Pivot tables, V-Lookups, etc.). Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision is a plus.
- Experience with a report writer / SQL writer programs, FAS, or other fixed asset systems.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
Reply / EEO
- Send résumé and cover letter with salary history and compensation requirements to: Apply.
- Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period without sponsorship.
- Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
# # #